A/P- Financial Counselor 2
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Accounts Receivable Representative 2 is responsible for tenacious follow-up of accounts receivables. Utilizing work files, reports, online and telephone communications. Responsible for writing appeals and adjustment requests. Work independently and have a strong understanding of the job duties and responsibilities.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- Communicate effectively with insurance carriers, staff members and management.
- Daily average - process collections on 80-100 Access claims or 70-100 Commercial claims
- Must have the ability to appropriately document the system so that all staff can understand and it can be used as legal documentation if necessary.
- Identify when errors are occurring in registration, billing and follow-up.
- Identify denial trends.
- Efficiently and effectively navigate IDX, EPIC and online payer websites.
- Maintain client and patient confidentiality.
- Denial management - work insurance denials and take necessary action to send corrected claim to payer.
- Telephone calls - must know the appropriate information required by payers as well as appropriate questions to ask.
- Write appeal letters and attach appropriate documentation to get the claim paid.
- Review/work invoices on denial and aging reports.
- Incumbent will work with department leadership on HR projects as assigned
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- 2 + years medical collections experience preferred
- Prior experience with IDX/EPIC preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Billing and Coding certification preferred
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.75