Administrative Assistant II - Anesthesia
The Administrative Assistant II will work closely with the Executive Assistant and Anesthesia Management team in supporting the Department of Anesthesiology at MIHS. He/She is responsible for a variety of office support and/or administrative duties. He/She composes, updates and reviews a variety of standard documents and correspondence, relaying and resolving routine telephone and/or walk up inquiries, schedules calendar items and meetings, processes forms, performs data entry, and establishes and maintains personnel records.
- Facilitates calendaring and administrative scheduling of assigned providers
- Facilitates and monitors monthly call schedules and ensure schedule postings and changes
- Manages external interfaces, including screening/directing phone calls and vendors.
- Provides administrative support to department for scholarly activity
- Maintains all components of call schedules for services as assigned
- Maintains databases
- Creates necessary items for meetings (sign in sheets, breakfast/lunch, vendors, etc.)
- Facilitates privileging paperwork
- Tracks delinquencies of mandatory paperwork
- Maintains confidentiality of files
- Serves as liasion between DMG providers and outside hospitals/clincs and other residency programs as backup to executive assistant
- Screens and directs telephone calls
- Special projects as assigned
- Backup support for payroll
- Compliance tracking (billing, radiation badges, pharmacy audits, etc.)
- Creates reports and spreadsheets as assigned
- Scheduling anesthesia needed procedures and cases
- One year administrative/office support required
- Two years’ administrative support in a medical/graduate medical education environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some college coursework preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled time and project management abilities
- Ability to take initiative on projects, assignments and communications and following through to completion
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent phone etiquette.
Physical Mental Demands:
- Faced paced work environment
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Normal Office Environment
*The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the position.
Job Status: Full Time