Administrative Clerkship Coordinator - OBGYN
About the Role:
Under the direction of the Department Program Directors, and Clerkship Directors, this position is primarily charged with coordinating rotating medical students. It also supports faculty physicians, requiring initiative and independent judgment. The incumbent works independently and has contact with high level administrative personnel.
Information used when solving problems and making decisions in the position is relatively easy to identify and find. The method of analysis normally required to solve problems or make decisions is to collect, compile and organize positively or negatively affect a large group of users, entire department, or networked systems. Work is guided by broad operating policies and guidelines pertaining to the department and approved plans. Normally subject to managerial direction, progress review and evaluation of achievement objectives.
What You Will Do:
- Executes a variety of administrative functions relative to the application request and check-in processes of visiting learners including: medical students, shadowers, and/or rotating students. This involves confidential and sensitive school transcripts, medical histories and malpractice issues.
- Maintains application/evaluations/grades in confidential files. Compiles student packets and orients students on the first day of the rotation. Assists in the development of student schedules. Assembles student rotation evaluations at the end of the student rotations and prepares final evaluation for preceptor or designee.
- Collects and prepares student, shadower, and/or rotating student rotation requests in a timely manner for the monthly meeting of the GMEC to review and approve. Builds and maintains relationships that benefit Valleywise with coordinators from Medical Schools.
- Answers students’ questions and/or defer to the appropriate department.
- Provides support to department residency coordinator with accomplishing the required tasks for the medical students.
- Maintains and updates databases including VSAS, E*Value, and New Innovations.
- Coordinates educational conferences including, but not limited to, coordinating speakers, reserving space, ordering food, setting up computer and projector, and monitoring attendance. Preparing and compiling necessary materials. Maintaining and updating monthly department conference schedule.
- Provide additional support to the department(s), to include answering phones, copy, file, fax, distribute mail, order food, and reserve rooms on meeting room manager.
- Assists with other department functions as assigned.
- Cross train on other department administrative coordinator functions.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Minimum of two years as an administrator in an office setting
- Two years’ experience in an administrative support role in a medical/graduate medical education setting preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College or university a plus.
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of time and project management skills
- Ability to work independently but also take direction well.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position and will be split between the Emergency Medicine and Radiology Departments. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
*The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the position.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, May 24, 2021