Administrative Clerkship Coordinator - Surgery Department
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
Under the direction of department and company Directors, this position is primarily charged with coordinating rotating medical students within the Surgery department. It also supports faculty physicians and has contact with high level administrative personnel, requiring initiative and independent judgement.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- Executes a variety of administrative functions relative to the application request and check-in processes of visiting learners including medical students, shadowers, and/or rotating students.
- Maintains application/evaluations/grades in confidential files. Compiles student packets and orients students on the first day of rotation. Assists in the development of student schedules.
- Assembles student rotation evaluations at the end of the student rotations and prepares final evaluation for preceptor or designee.
- Collects and prepares student, shadower, and/or student rotation requests in a timely manner for review and approval. Builds and maintains relationships with coordinators from Medical Schools.
- Provides support to department residency coordinator.
- Maintains and updates databases including VSAS, E*Value, and New Innovations.
- Coordinates, prepares and sets up necessary items for educational conferences including. Maintaining and updating monthly department conference schedule.
- Answers phones, copy, file, fax, distribute mail.
- Assists with other department functions as assigned.
- Cross train on other department administrative coordinator functions.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two years as an administrative assistant required
- Two years’ experience in an administrative support role in a medical setting preferred.
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also take direction well.
- Excellent attention to detail.
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Required Education High School