About the Company:
DMG is well known as one of the leading and mostrespected healthcare organizations in the Phoenix area, with a reputation forwe serve. We employ over 650 credentialed providers and over 350professional and administrative staff, as one of the largest physiciangroups in the Valley.
Why work for District Medical Group?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds inproviding a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation,team collaboration, competitive salary, ongoing mentoring, training andsupport, and great benefits including:
- Strong Medical, Dental, Vision benefits package - eligible on DAY ONE
- 401K plan with employer match
- FSA plan
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays
- And more
About the Role:
Under the direction of department and companyDirectors, this position is primarily charged with coordinating rotatingmedical students within the OB/GYN department. It also supports facultyphysicians and has contact with high level administrative personnel, requiringinitiative and independent judgement.
Information used whensolving problems and making decisions in the position is relatively easy toidentify and find. Work is guided by broad operating policies andguidelines pertaining to the department and approved plans.
What You Will Do:
- Executes a variety of administrative functions relative to the application request and check-in processes of visiting learners including: medical students, shadowers, and/or rotating students.
- Maintains application/evaluations/grades in confidential files. Compiles student packets and orients students on the first day of rotation. Assists in the development of student schedules.
- Assembles student rotation evaluations at the end of the student rotations and prepares final evaluation for preceptor or designee.
- Collects and prepares student, shadower, and/or student rotation requests in a timely manner for review and approval. Builds and maintains relationships with coordinators from Medical Schools.
- Provides support to department residency coordinator.
- Maintains and updates databases including VSAS, E*Value, and New Innovations.
- Coordinates, prepares and sets up necessary items for educational conferences including. Maintaining and updating monthly department conference schedule.
- Answers phones, copy, file, fax, distribute mail.
- Assists with other department functions as assigned.
- Cross train on other department administrative coordinator functions.
What You Will Bring to theRole:
- Minimum of two years as an administrative assistant required
- Two years’ experience in an administrative support role in a medical/graduate medical education setting preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also take direction well.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Employee Health Requirements:
- TB, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Friday, December 10, 2021