2929 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA Req #262
Thursday, November 11, 2021
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for entering invoices into the accounting software and issuing checks.
What you will do:
- Maintain, update and track invoices received from divisions including select corporate/department invoices.
- Maintain, update and track employee reimbursements received from divisions.
- Maintain and update physician CME reimbursements and track individual physician balances.
- Enter invoices into accounting software ensuring proper coding and approvals.
- Issue checks during weekly check run and any manual requests during the week. Mail/distribute checks to payees.
- Receive and distribute the corporate and CME credit card statements and prepare master invoice for recording.
- Responsible for corporate and CME credit card statements returned from divisions with supporting documentation for general ledger posting and track undocumented charges.
- File invoice and check copies and maintain vendor files.
- Respond to vendor and physician/employee inquiries.
- Prepare schedules and respond to information requests during outside audits.
- Maintain file room organization. including organizing and tracking files for storage off site.
- Support and coverage for other positions and duties within department as assigned.
- Prepare weekly A/P cash reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Controller.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Knowledge of Sage 100 or similar computerized accounting systems.
- Basic spreadsheet preparation and interpretation knowledge.
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, team members, staff and management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding/compliance of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be available to work extended hours
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Type __35__wpm
- Ten key by touch
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
Education or Equivalency
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of training, education and experience preferred.
- 2+ years general accounts payable experience
- 1+ years experience in Healthcare or Managed Care preferred.
FTE Status/Scheduled Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required and/or hours may be shortened as job duties demand.
Environmental Working Conditions
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Thursday, November 11, 2021