About the Role:
The Assistant Controller is responsible for monthly general ledger closing and preparation of financial statements.
What You Will Do:
- Full responsibility for month end close including:
- Calculation, analysis and recording of contractual and bad debt allowances.
- Preparation and posting of all non-standard journal entries.
- Review and approval of journal entries and cash posting of Staff Accountant.
- Quarterly close of captive books.
- Prepare and distribute internal and external financial statements for all entities.
- Preparation of various audit schedules.
- Respond to auditor inquiries during fieldwork.
- Design and creation of financial reports as needed.
- Manage interface between IDX and accounting software.
- Review of monthly corporate and CME credit card statements.
- Review provider CME reimbursements.
- Review and track by provider CME allowances.
- Manage the CME tracking system software.
- Prepare annual personal property tax return / exemption application.
- Process monthly cell phone and pager invoices.
- Primary backup for the Cash Receipts Coordinator.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- General knowledge of close cycle accounting.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
- Knowledge of Sage 100, Fixed Asset System or similar computerized accounting systems.
- Strong spreadsheet preparation and interpretation skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, team members, staff and management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding/compliance of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA certification preferred
- 5+ years’ general accounting experience
- 1+ years’ in healthcare or managed care preferred
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Phenomenal benefits package - eligible on DAY ONE
- 401K plan with employer match
- FSA plan
- 10 paid holidays
- Great team environment
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree