Biller I - Temp
The Biller I is responsible for assigned tasks related to the capturing of demographics, registration of payer information and data entry of charges from encounter, superbills and coded reports.
- Responsible for review of Interface information in patient accounts and/or timely and accurate entry of patient demographic and insurance information.
- Uses available resources to gather complete insurance data including use of websites, calls to patients, insurance companies or other institutions.
- Batching of billing documents.
- Timely and accurate data entry of charges into Charge Entry Application and following of all procedures for the charge entry process.
- Works various billing reports as assigned and report any issues back to Billing/Coding Manager.
- Assist in directing workflow and keep Billing/Coding Manager informed about workflow issues.
- Resolve account issues.
- Respond to customer service requests from within the CBO and from MIHS.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Billing/Coding Manager.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- 1+ years experience in medical billing preferred
- Prior experience with IDX, EPIC preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical billing certificate preferred
- Knowledge of medical billing practices.
- Working knowledge of anatomy, medical and procedural terminology.
- Problem solving skills.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Understanding/compliance of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Able to differentiate between primary and secondary insurance payers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work extended hours.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including telephones, computers, copy machines, fax machines, calculators, scanners and shredders.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Type minimum __35__wpm
- Ten key by touch
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Occasional overtime maybe required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
*The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the position.
Job Status: Full Time,Contract/Temporary