Immediate position is available for a Burn Physician Assistant (PA) in the Surgery Department. The PA will work closely with the attending staff of the Arizona Burn Center in providing quality patient care services in burn care and related injuries.
This position would include employment through District Medical Group Inc. (DMG), a multi-specialty medical group exclusively contracted to provide patient care and teaching at Valleywise Health Medical Center (VWH). VWH is home to the Arizona Burn Center, which serves as the State of Arizona’s regional burn center and is Nationally Verified by the American Burn Association and American College of Surgeons.
- Perform history and physical examinations.
- Work closely with nursing, surgical resident staff and medical students.
- Enter patient orders as directed by the attending surgeon.
- Discuss results of medical imaging and laboratory studies with attending staff, resident staff and/or patients.
- Make daily hospital rounds and write notes on burn service patients both in the Medical/Surgical Area and Burn Intensive Care Unit. Therefore, a good fund of knowledge and experience is needed (will be attained) in the care of the non-critical and critically ill burn patient; as well as technical abilities to perform bedside procedures including burn dressings, bronchoscopy, as well as central and arterial lines. (New Grads are welcome to apply).
- Assist the attending surgeon and resident staff in the operating room.
- “Team mentality” with a focus on multidisciplinary approach to burn care.
DMG offers an outstanding work environment; competitive compensation plan and comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, CME allowance with paid time-off, and employer paid medical malpractice insurance are provided.
Job Status: Full Time