Cash Receipts Coordinator
The Cash Receipts Coordinator leads the cash receipts process, manages purchasing and provides administrative support to the department.
What You Will Do:
- Download daily lockbox deposits and prepare for distribution to the outsourced revenue cycle company ("ORCC") for posting including identifying OAR amounts received.
- Receive daily cash deposits from outside clinics and other payers and prepare for distribution to the ORCC.
- Prepare daily bank deposit.
- Prepare and summarize OAR for posting by the Staff Accountant.
- Verify amounts posted by the ORCC to tracking log and actual daily deposits and identify corrections that need to be made.
- Primary contact/liaison for bank relating to deposit errors or any other banking issues.
- Assist the business office department and ORCC with payment/posting issues as requested.
- Process OAR and miscellaneous credit card payments.
- Manage/coordinate department’s offsite storage.
- Act as Purchasing Manager, processing office supplies, printing orders and other related duties.
- Administrative duties of the department such as scheduling/planning department functions, filing, copying, ordering supplies, and maintaining organization of department file room.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Knowledge of Sage 100 or similar computerized accounting systems.
- Basic spreadsheet preparation and interpretation knowledge.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, team members, staff and management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be available to work extended hours.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including telephones, computers, copy machines, fax machines, calculators, scanners and shredders.
- Understanding/compliance of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Ten key by touch.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
Education or Equivalency
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- AA degree preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience with medical cash posting and knowledge of EOB’s.
FTE Status/Scheduled Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required and/or hours may be shortened as job duties demand.
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Thursday, May 27, 2021