About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Centralized Scheduler serves as the coordinator of clinic schedules and appointments. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining schedules within the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system in support of medical and clinical staff throughout DMG clinics, while ensuring the least impact on patients, families, and staff.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, approximately 8:00am to 5:00pm.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- Schedule initial and follow up appointments, including management of appointment cancelation requests
- Prioritize patient needs, based on clinic/provider schedule matrix
- Serve as a liaison for health care team in coordinating and processing schedules or requested schedule changes, medication refills, medical records requests, and assisting with managing scan/fax queues for clinics
- Register patients in EMR, including verification of insurance and financial information which may be obtained from various sources to confirm patient financial obligation(s) for visit
- Assist in answering and transferring calls for multiple clinics, retrieve messages and respond to call requests as appropriate, delegate clinical inquiries to appropriate clinic. Assist with problem resolution for the clinic staff and patients.
- Scan all documents related to patient into the appropriate location of patient’s EMR chart.
- Update patient information, ensuring all records are current during each interaction with a patient.
- Obtain prior authorization for all patient visits, as appropriate
- Resolve scheduling conflicts as they occur.
- Confirm patient appointments, and follow-up with no-show/canceled appointments
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- 1+ administrative experience in medical office preferred.
- 1+ year experience with electronic medical/health record preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook calendar, excel, and word
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.00
- Max Hiring Rate $17.50
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School