Clinical Coordinator - Surgery Department
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About the Job:
The Coordinator position is responsible for the coordination of functions related to procedures and programs in his/her department. The Coordinator serves as a liaison to patients, surgeons, and facility to schedule surgeries and procedures for the Surgery Department.
What You Will Do:
- Oversees/Ensures verification of benefits, authorizations posted in EMR, and facilitates referrals for the overall coordination of patient care for assigned specialty(ies), including provide resources and referral information to patients, families, case managers and staff as needed.
- Responsible for answering phone calls in a timely manner for patients inquiring about surgery/procedure status.
- Coordinates operating rooms, equipment, anesthesia, pre-op labs and imaging, authorizations and physician schedule for surgeries.
- Act as a liaison between the patient, provider/referring physician, primary care physician and other parties involved in the surgery/procedure to include distribution of pre and post-operative information to the patient.
- Arrange scheduled surgeries according to OR protocol for scheduling, block time and/or date given by surgeon.
- Ensure authorization is obtained for surgeries for uninsured and inmate patients; Ward of State Patients: Notify CPS case worker/Foster parent of surgery date as well as pre-op appointment.
- Keep current update of surgery log/book.
- Contact patient with any surgery date/time change.
- May phone pre-op instructions for minor surgeries or procedures.
- As needed, notify nurse of any clearances needed prior to patient surgery.
- Coordinate with other specialty surgeons for joint or co-surgeries; notify other specialties of surgery date upon surgeon request.
- Provide information/assistance to surgeons or billing office with regards to authorization denials or appeals.
- Monitors process flow between outpatient department/areas.
- Assists service, department and/or clinic leadership in service advancement, process development, and volume forecasting.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of current services and keep abreast of upcoming changes to service and care delivery models.
- Provide follow-up with patients seeking services, their family members, providers, financial clearance staff and/or case managers if necessary documentation are pending.
- Support providers and department as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance in accordance with Federal guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring to the Role
- Excellent customer service phone skills, able to respond calmly and effectively in high pressure situations.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of medical office procedures.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs: MS Office and EMR experience.
Education or Equivalency
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years related experience.
- Medical office experience.
- College level business work.
- Medical Assistant background
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00