Compliance/Risk/Regulatory Analyst RN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Compliance/Risk/Regulatory Analyst RN will assist in the development, coordination and monitoring of many of the activities of the DMG Compliance, Risk Management, and Regulatory Programs. Analyst will be responsible for partnering with the DMG Outpatient Treatment Centers (OTC) to support and provide guidance on adherence to the AZ Admin Code Healthcare Institutions Licensing. The Analyst will assist in the investigation and evaluation of professional liability occurrences and claims and will assist in conducting educational programs in risk prevention and risk control. The Analyst will:
- Perform investigations of incidents and claims by reviewing medical records and other appropriate documents as well as by interviewing the persons involved including physicians, patients, and other appropriate witnesses.
- Make recommendations about the management of claims and other liability situations based upon the clinical investigations performed.
- Ensure accurate and detailed records and files involving incidents and investigations in CHaRT.
- On a limited basis, will work with internal and expert legal staff in the defense of claims by performing medical research, attending depositions, witness preparations, and other legal proceedings.
- Provide regulatory interpretation and guidance pertinent to a clinical setting.
- Participate and provide guidance on quality, safety, and infection control practices within the OTCs.
- Clinical policy and procedure development
- Development and implementation of clinical risk assessments
- Monitoring and internal auditing of clinical areas subject to review under an Arizona Department of Health and Human Services Survey.
- Providing constructive/effective training and education
- Implementation/monitoring of clinical corrective action plan
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Oversee Quality and Safety Committee activities, documents, and meetings.
- Oversee Policy Procedure Review Committee (PPRC) activities, documents and meetings.
- 5 + years hospital experience preferred.
- Compliance, risk management, and regulatory experience preferred.
- SharePoint experience preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
- Licensure/Certification Requirements: Registered Nurse required
- Knowledge of medical malpractice law.
- Knowledge of insurance policy law.
- Knowledge of health care law and practices.
- Knowledge of government regulations.
- Skill in planning, organizing and implementation of processes, procedures and/or training initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to utilize and navigate within EPIC and GE Centricity
- Ability to analyze and interpret laws and regulations.
- Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Understanding/compliance of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including telephones, computers, copy machines, fax machines, calculators, scanners and shredders.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday based on department needs. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly.
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually low to moderate.
*The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the position.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Job Status: Full Time