Customer Service Representative II (Bilingual)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Customer Service Representative II is responsible for a variety of tasks including; answering inbound calls, answering patient questions, verifying account information, processing payments; contacting patients and responsible parties to resolve past-due accounts and researching account statuses.
- Responsible to follow-up with patients to collect monies owed
- Responsible for assisting patients on the phone and in person regarding patient account.
- Research patient accounts and answer patient questions.
- Educate the patient regarding their bill.
- Forward calls to specific departments.
- Manage the work files and make outbound calls to patients or the responsible parties
- Monitor accounts to ensure statements have gone out and that payments are being made
- Responsible to follow-up with patients to collect monies owed or placed on a payment plan.
- Meet with patients at the Corporate Billing Office to receive payments.
- Verify AHCCCs on line and EPIC to see if any additional insurance is available.
- Responsible monthly to update Self Pay Bump Report.
- Train new staff and existing staff.
- Responsible in resolving escalated calls from Customer Service Reps to the next level
- Audit spreadsheets that go to MIHS for revenue resolution. ATPP/MAA.
- Monitor daily work volume. (Attorney requests, Calls) to ensure processed timely. Assign overflow to individual staff.
- Responsible for cash lock box. Making change for patients. Monitor to ensure cash box is in balance.
- Performs monthly audit of the End of the Month Report/Crunch Report.
- Process Attorney Records request.
- Document and update insurance information
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- 3+ years customer service experience preferred
- 2+ years collections experience preferred
- 1+ years medical office experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General health care knowledge.
- Understanding/compliance of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in person and over the phone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and demonstrate accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including telephones, computers, copy machines, fax machines, calculators, scanners and shredders.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Type a minimum of 35 wpm
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Manual dexterity needed for using a ten key calculator and/or computer keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional overtime maybe required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
*The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the position.
Job Status: Full Time