Dental Assistant - CRS
- Prepare patients for dental work
- Collect and record medical and dental history and patient vital signs
- Record periodontal charting
- Verification that consent forms and treatment plans are signed by the patient/guardian prior to treatment
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, and assist with dental procedures
- Assist dental providers with procedures when necessary
- Record treatment information in patient records
- Take dental radiographs and care for dental x-ray equipment
- Provide patients with information on dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs
- Provide postoperative instructions as directed by the dental provider
- Order dental supplies and maintain dental equipment inventory
- Stocking and maintenance of dental units, responsible for communicating if equipment needs maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of dental instruments and sterilization methods
- Knowledge of computer software programs, including MS Office and electronic medical/dental records
- Knowledge and ability to work with patients with special needs
- Understanding of health and safety regulations
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workflow
- Excellent customer service, time management, and organizational skills
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assistance program
- Dental x-ray certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years dental assistant/dental office experience preferred
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required and/or hours may be shortened as job duties demand.
- Normal clinical environment.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The dental assistant is responsible for assisting the dentist in providing dental services to patients, including preparing patients, room setup, sterilization, and assisting during both dental and dental hygiene procedures.
What You Will Do:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
Education or Equivalency
FTE Status/Scheduled Hours of Work:
Environmental Working Conditions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Certification
- Job Start Date Monday, August 16, 2021