Dental Assistant -$1,000 Retention Bonus
$1,000 Retention Bonus Paid on the 1st pay period after completion of 90 days.
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting the provider when performing dental services primarily with children. This includes, but is not limited to preparing patients, room setup, sterilization, and assisting during all dental related procedures.
This is a part-time position. 2 days/16 hours per week.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- Prepare patients for dental services
- Collect and record patient medical and dental history and vital signs
- Record periodontal charting
- Verify consent forms and treatment plans are signed by the patient/guardian prior to treatment
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, efficiently tend to dental equipment
- Take dental radiographs, assist provider with procedures, and provide post operative instruction
- Record treatment information in patient records
- Provide patients with information on dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs
- Order dental supplies, stock and maintain dental units, oversee equipment inventory
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- Knowledge of dental instruments and sterilization methods
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years dental assistant/dental office experience
- Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assistance program
- Dental x-ray certification
- Knowledge of computer software programs, including MS Office and electronic medical/dental records
- Knowledge and ability to work with adolescent patients with special needs
- Excellent customer service, time management, and organizational skills
- CPR/BLS certification
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hepatitis B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.25
- Required Education Certification