Executive Assistant - Anesthesia
Provide day-to-day administrative support to department.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for scheduling, calendar, special projects, and communications for department.
- Preparation and organization of department presentations, meetings, and events.
- Handle requests that require detailed knowledge of department and policies and procedures; assists in communicating requirements and expectations.
- Compilation of confidential data from various sources to integrate to regular and or/special reports.
- Organize, prepare and coordinate meetings that include reminder notices, calendar updates, schedule rooms and meals. Take and transcribe minutes with distribution.
- Acts as a liaison between DMG, Valleywise Health vendors, etc. for executive administration and liaison between DMG and Department physicians and/or staff.
- Oversee and ensure all requests for facilities, IT, maintenance for all sections and providers are addressed.
- May be responsible for preparing and coordinating reminder notices for Medical Director Time Sheets, Medicare Time Studies, Employee Health requirements, collect/tally MTS Forms, etc.
- May assist in the Credentialing/Re-credentialing processes for department providers by maintaining records of physician’s CME Credits, Licenses, Insurance Certificates, Board Certifications, PALS and APLS certificates.
- May be responsible for the preparations for Grand Rounds, i.e. secure Speaker, make flyers, write objectives, fill out forms (Activity, Disclosures, Etc.). Distribute and collect Evaluation Sheets and Summary and obtain necessary signatures following activity. Maintain accurate activity file.
- Initiate requests for ordering office supplies, materials, repairs, etc.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
What You Will Bring to the Role
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Understanding/compliance of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work extended hours.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including telephones, computers, copy machines, fax machines, calculators, scanners and shredders.
- Type minimum __40__ wpm
- Ten key by touch.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
Education or Equivalency
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years’ experience as administrative assistant with progressive administrative responsibilities.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Vehicle Insurance Coverage
$300,000 bodily injury per accident
$100,000 property damage liability
FTE Status/Scheduled Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required and/or hours may be shortened as job duties demand.
Environmental Working Conditions
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Wednesday, November 25, 2020