Executive Assistant- Ortho
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respectedleader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation foroutstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients andcommunities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups inthe Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds inproviding a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation,team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefitsincluding:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Executive Assistant is responsible for administrativesupport of the Medical Director and department for one of the ValleywiseBehavioral Health Hospitals.
This is a full-time position, Monday throughFriday, 40 hours per week.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
· AnswersDepartment phone, distributes provider correspondence in a timely manner;
· Opens,sorts, and distributes incoming correspondence, including faxes and email;
· Greetsand screens visitors for general and Division Chair access.
· Overseesand monitors daily administrative needs and maintenance of facility’s call and unitcoverage schedules using QGenda scheduling software.
· Organizes,prepares, and coordinates department events and meetings that include remindernotices, calendar updates, scheduling rooms and meals. Transcribes minutes,distributing within company/department requirements.
· Assistsin department communications, processing, and expectations including detailssurrounding sick time, paid time off, jury summons and court related documents,employee reimbursements, and more.
· Processesdepartment requests (emails, verbal requests, calls, voicemail, etc.)accurately and in a timely manner.
· Compilesconfidential data from various sources to integrate to specified reports.
· Actsas a liaison between DMG, Valleywise Health vendors, executive administration,and staff.
· Ensuresall requests for facilities, IT, maintenance for all sections and providers areaddressed.
· Mayassist in the Credentialing/Re-credentialing, CME tracking, and accuracy oftime sheets for department providers
· Mayassist in the preparations for Grand Rounds, i.e. acting as secure speaker, creatingflyers, documenting objectives, completing required or requested forms. Distribute and collect evaluation sheets and summaryand obtain necessary signatures following activity. Maintain accurate activityfile.
· Initiatesrequests for ordering office supplies, materials, repairs, etc.
The Successful Candidate WillPossess:
· Highschool diploma or equivalent required
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3+years’ experience in an administrative assistant role with progressiveadministrative responsibility required
· Efficient,organized, resourceful and ability to be assertive when necessary
· Knowledgeof HIPAA guidelines
· Stronginterpersonal & communication skills
· Abilityto communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Strongteam player demonstrating a positive attitude
· Independentjudgment, resourceful, takes initiative, flexible
· Strongtime management and organizational skills
· Excellentmulti-tasking ability and attention to detail
· ExcellentMicrosoft Office, Outlook, and Excel skills
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition ofemployment, District Medical Group (DMG) requireseach employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH)standards. TB screening, Hep B,MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approveddeclinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, March 21, 2022