FAMILY MEDICINE FACULTY
Creighton University Phoenix Family Medicine Residency and District Medical Group are pleased to announce an opening for a full-spectrum core faculty position that includes OB and inpatient medicine for an established 8-8-8 Family Medicine Residency Program in Phoenix, Arizona. This position will include leadership and oversight of inpatient and outpatient care supervising residents and students as the attending in the hospital, and the outpatient clinic continuity clinic. This position will report to the Program Director of the Family Medicine Residency Clinic
The ideal candidate will share our philosophy of serving the community and supporting the academic mission of the Residency Program and Creighton University. Interested physicians must have a strong commitment to graduate medical education, teaching and mentoring residents and medical students in all aspects of Family Medicine including maternity care. The position also includes the opportunity to teach medical students and to be involved with expanding the field of Family Medicine at Creighton University School of Medicine’s new Phoenix campus. The position requires direct patient care, resident and medical student teaching, precepting, curriculum development in addition to administrative and scholarly activities in compliance with ACGME requirements. Night and weekend call service are required. Proctoring available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and provide lectures, as assigned for didactic teaching of both residents and medical students.
- Review Creighton student Family Medicine clinical rotation performance and provide rotation grades for assigned students.
- Participate in scholarly activities.
- Serve on Creighton/DMG committees as assigned.
- Mentor residents and students who intend to match to Family Medicine residency and provide letters of recommendation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide direct patient care to patients in the Family Medicine Residency Clinic located at South Central clinic as well as on the inpatient service at Valleywise Health Medical Center
- Supervise residents and students in the family medicine clinic and inpatient service, OB preferred but not required
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings, committees, quality improvement activities, and peer review as needed
- Adhere to professional and ethical standards of conduct.
- Maintain current professional certification and licensure requirements.
- Promote professionalism by modeling and encouraging professional behaviors inside and outside the educational setting
Education and/or Experience
This position requires either a D.O. or M.D. degree. The candidate must have a current unrestricted license to practice in the State of Arizona, a current DEA license for schedule 2-5 drug classes, and be insurable for medical liability. Board eligibility or certification in family medicine care specialty required. Candidates should have a passion for teaching Family Medicine and have a strong demonstrated commitment to providing patient-oriented approach to healthcare. Successful candidates will display a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to work in multidisciplinary and inter-professional teams and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The FQHCs qualify for the Federal HPSA Loan Repayment Program and have a system score of 21.
- An outstanding work environment for those with a passion for community medicine
- Competitive compensation plan/benefits package/commencement bonus
- Paid time off (4 weeks and 10 holidays), 1 additional week CME + $4,000 stipend annually
- J1 or H1B visa eligibility
- Qualified for Federal and State Student Loan Forgiveness Program and PSLF
- Opportunities for career growth and leadership opportunities
For consideration, please forward CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Status: Full Time