Financial Counselor I- Self Pay
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Financial Counselor 1-Self Pay is responsible to assist patients or the parties responsible for their finances to organize and coordinate their financial obligations. This position is involved with the self- pay patient to discuss financial responsibility for in-patient and out-patient procedures. They assist the patient or their responsible party in creating and understanding a financial picture and developing solutions to meet their financial responsibilities.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- Responsible for quotes on procedure costs for True Self Pay Patients. (No Insurance)
- Responsible for answering the patient's questions regarding financial issues, payment options, medical coverage and assistance programs.
- Understand and update CPT codes associated with in-patient and out- patient procedures.
- Collect payment(s) for procedures and charges located in IDX.
- Responsible to update EPIC (facility system) so clinics can schedule procedures.
- Review accounts in IDX to determine if statements have gone out. Analyze if information should be sent to collections or charity write offs.
- Knowledge working with self-pay, Medicare, Medicaid and AHCCCS
- Understanding/compliance of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Assist with monthly Crunch Report
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 + years medical collections experience
- 1+ years customer service experience
- 1+ years medical office or hospital setting
- Prior experience with IDX/EPIC a Plus.
- Bilingual-Spanish/English a Plus.
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.00
- Max Hiring Rate $17.50