Licensed Clinical Social Worker
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible to play a collaborative role on the interdisciplinary team, maintaining ongoing contact with nurses, physicians and other healthcare professionals, as well as with the patient and family or other support system. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker promotes an understanding of psychosocial issues involved in the care and treatment of chronically ill and handicapped children.
Qualified candidates must have a valid Arizona license or in the process of getting their out of state license transferred to Arizona and must be comfortable working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team and using an electronic medical record.
DMG is a not-for-profit faculty practice plan owned and operated by physicians consisting of more than 400+ providers who represent all the major medical and surgical specialties and sub specialties.
DMG offers an outstanding work environment, competitive compensation plan/benefits package including relocation assistance, paid time off, CME allowance with paid time off and employer paid malpractice insurance.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews psychosocial forms that the parents complete.
- Collaborates with other professionals on interdisciplinary teams by providing relevant psychosocial information based on patient assessment.
- Builds rapport with families.
- Coordinates services with appropriate clinic and community resources.
- Problem solves and provides support to families and staff.
- Provides information and education about health/mental health issues to individual patients and to groups.
- Educates families regarding insurance and clinic.
- Assists with transportation and other barriers to attendance.
- Participates in multidisciplinary exams.
- Discusses transition as part of a team.
- Covers on-call, for walk-ins, and other unassigned issues.
- Makes referrals in conjunction with team.
- Provides social work consultation to clinic staff and community providers as appropriate.
- Collaborates with other professionals, working together to elevate the quality of life for all patients.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Masters of Social Work.
- Medical or hospital social work, either post-masters or supervised internship.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Experience in pediatrics.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- LCSW or LMSW licensure from AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card required.
- Valid CPR-BLS Certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to perform psychosocial assessments and apply appropriate and effective intervention strategies based on knowledge of ages and stages in the human life cycle.
- Experience with children, young adults and parents.
- Experience working with families with diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, chronic illness and handicaps.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Skilled in crisis intervention, client advocacy, and case management.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs: MS Office and EMR.
Job Status: Full Time