Licensed Practical Nurse - Primary Care
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for identifying patients’ healthcare needs using professional nursing assessment skills. This position also provides patient care under the direction of a Nurse Practitioner, Physician or next level of medical authority.
Responsibilities and Duties
- In collaboration with providers, manages patient treatment through comprehensive clinical observations and evaluations of health care needs.
- Teaches and counsels the patient and family/significant others regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient.
- Monitors patient vital signs and lab values.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of observations, treatments and care of patient.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician, midlevel, and/or nurse reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition.
- Provides nursing services: treatments, diagnostic and preventive procedures as assigned.
- Prepares equipment and assists the physician, midlevel and nurse during examinations and treatments also assists during specialized procedures.
- Obtains assistance and consults as necessary.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Licensed Practical Nurse
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in pediatrics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software programs: MS Office and EMR.
- Understanding of basic laboratory procedures, infectious disease management and control and safety standards.
- Skilled in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing, and medical care coordination.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively with co-workers and diverse patient populations with diplomacy and tact.
- Able to calculate medical dosage mathematics.
- Prolonged standing, sitting, walking, reading, writing, talking and use of computer.
- Normal clinical work environment
Job Status: Full Time