Licensed Practical Nurse
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for identifying patients’ healthcare needs using professional nursing assessment skills. This position also provides patient care under the direction of a Nurse Practitioner, Physician or next level of medical authority.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- In collaboration with providers, manages patient treatment through comprehensive clinical observations and evaluations of health care needs.
- Teaches and counsels the patient and family/significant others regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient.
- Monitors patient vital signs and lab values.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of observations, treatments and care of patient.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician, midlevel, and/or nurse reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition.
- Provides nursing services: treatments, diagnostic and preventive procedures as assigned.
- Prepares equipment and assists the physician, midlevel and nurse during examinations and treatments also assists during specialized procedures.
- Obtains assistance and consults as necessary.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Licensed Practical Nurse license in good standing
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Experience with Pediatric patients preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software programs: MS Office and EMR.
- Understanding of basic laboratory procedures, infectious disease management and control and safety standards.
- Skilled in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing, and medical care coordination.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively with co-workers and diverse patient populations with diplomacy and tact.
- Able to calculate medical dosage mathematics.
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $24.00
- Max Hiring Rate $30.00
- Required Education Associate Degree
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 403