Maintenance Technician - Temporary
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general maintenance of the facilities, grounds, and equipment by performing a variety of routine and semiskilled tasks under the direction of the Facilities Manager. Employee may work independently on routine recurringassignments, or assist a skilled worker in performing more complex tasks.
What You Will Do:
- Performs maintenance on facilities including but not limited to replacement of light fixtures, air filters, painting, graffiti removal, plumbing, data lines and electrical.
- Inventories and order equipment, office supplies and sanitation supplies.
- Maintain compliance to City, County, State ordinances and codes.
- Responds to call-outs and emergencies.
- Maintains logs and records of work performed and materials and equipment used.
- Sets up and removes folding tables and chairs to assist at events.
- Assist office reorganization through furniture and equipment moves.
- Assist mailroom duties through sorting and delivery of parcels.
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Carries out duties involving repair, maintenance, replacement and troubleshooting of the general office environment through the tool use and vendors.
- Oversees contractors to carry out work activities in relation to service terms of agreement and procedures.
- Carries out scheduled maintenance examinations and repairs.
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
What You will bring to the Role
- Ability to repair or install items such as drywall,painting, plumbing, lighting and air conditioning filter
- Excellent customer service skills Understanding/compliance of HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Computer proficiency.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be available to work extended hours.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
Education or Equivalency
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Custodian and maintenance experience
Valid Driver’s License
Clean Motor Vehicle Record
Vehicle Insurance Coverage
o $25,000bodily injury per person
o $50,000bodily injury per accident
o $15,000property damage liability
- While performing certain duties of this job the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Must have a cell phone.
Environmental Working Conditions
Normal office environment.
The noise level of the work environment is usually low to moderate
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Tuesday, March 30, 2021