Medical Assistant- Children's Rehabilitative Services
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing support to corresponding clinics by assisting patients and their family members before, during and after a patient’s visit. Medical assistants work alongside physicians, nurses, and other clinical personnel, performing functions that help the clinic run smoothly.
This is a full-time position. Days/ hours of schedule are Monday through Friday, approximately 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- Prepares patient charts in advance of appointments according to clinic guidelines. Conducts patient appointment reminder phone calls.
- Obtains and documents vital signs, patient history, medication list; documents reason for visit and actions taken. Processes prescription requests as needed.
- Prepares patients for examination and assists during in all aspects of patient visit.
- Administers and documents vaccinations, as ordered by the provider.
- Obtains specimens and completes requisitions for lab processing.
- Completes all CLIA/Waived testing as ordered by provider and documents per clinic policy.
- Ensures all related reports, labs and information is scanned and available in patient’s medical record prior to his/her appointment; documents all communication and interventions in patient profile EMR.
- Prepares, restocks, and disinfects examination rooms, procedure rooms, lab areas, and all other patient care areas as required or needed; Sterilizes medical equipment as assigned by clinic.
- Daily monitoring and response to voice mail and email.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant diploma or certificate of completion
- Bilingual-Spanish/English a plus.
- 1+ years medical assistant experience preferred.
- Experience working with special needs patients a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office protocol.
- Proficiency with computer software programs: MS Office Suite and EMR.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize in a fast-paced environment, and problem solve.
- Provide excellent customer service, time management and organizational skills.
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.75