Medical Assistant - CRS
About the Company:
DMG is well known as one of the leading and most respected healthcare organizations in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and community we serve. We employ over 650 credentialed providers and over 350 professional and administrative staff, as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
Why work for District Medical Group?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive salary, ongoing mentoring, training and support, and great benefits including:
- Strong Medical, Dental, Vision benefits package - eligible on DAY ONE
- 401K plan with employer match
- FSA plan
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays
- And more!
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Medical Assistant is responsible for providing support to corresponding clinics by assisting patients and their family members before, during and after a doctor's visit. Medical Assistants work alongside doctors, nurses, and other clinical personnel, performing function that help the clinic run smoothly. Successful candidate will float front and back.
- Prepares patients for examination and assisting physician during treatment, examinations, and testing of patients.
- Assists with obtaining vital signs, documents chief complaint and all actions taken.
- Assists with obtaining patient history, assists physicians, residents and/or licensed nursing personnel.
- Performs basic patient procedures, sets up exam/procedure rooms including instruments for minor procedures, preparations may include administering medications (excluding IV) under direct supervision of a physician.
- Obtains lab specimen and fills out requisitions completely and accurately.
- Review patient medications.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
- Document in Electronic Medical Record patient-related communication and interventions.
- Patient phone calls for appointment reminders.
- Prepares, restocks, and disinfects examination rooms, procedure rooms, lab area, and all other patient care areas.
- Sterilize medical equipment as assigned by division.
- Assist with additional duties as assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Previous MA clinic experience - 2 years minimum
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Must be willing to be cross trained in behavioral health.
- Must be able to do immunizations and vaccinations.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.00
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, December 6, 2021