Medical Assistant Float - Bilingual
Under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor, the Medical Assistant is responsible for providing support to corresponding clinics by assisting patients and their family members before, during and after a doctor’s visit. Medical assistants work alongside doctors, nurses and other clinical personnel, performing functions that help the clinic run smoothly.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares patients for examination and assisting physician during treatment, examinations, and testing of patients.
- Assists with obtaining vital signs, documents chief complaint and all actions taken.
- Assists with obtaining patient history, assists physicians, residents and/or licensed nursing personnel.
- Performs basic patient procedures, sets up exam/procedure rooms including instruments for minor procedures, preparations may include administering medications (excluding IV) under direct supervision of a physician.
- Obtains lab specimen and fills out requisitions completely and accurately.
- Review patient medications.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
- Document in Electronic Medical Record patient-related communication and interventions.
- Patient phone calls for appointment reminders.
- Prepares, restocks, and disinfects examination rooms, procedure rooms, lab area, and all other patient care areas.
- Sterilize medical equipment as assigned by division.
- Assist with additional duties as assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Diploma.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous MA clinic experience.
- Previous pediatric experience.
- Experience in designated specialty clinic. (ex: Pediatrics, Neurology, Orthopedics…)
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Valid CPR-BLS card.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the heath care field, medical terminology, and medical office protocol.
- Knowledge of basic computer software programs: MS Office and EMR.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work flow.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to interact with others with diplomacy and tact.
- Skilled in understanding patient education needs and effectively communicate that information to patients.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Knowledge and ability to work with special needs patients.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
Job Status: Full Time