3141 N 3rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA Req #199
Friday, May 28, 2021
About the Role:
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Medical Assistant is responsible for providing support to corresponding clinics by assisting patients and their family members before, during and after a doctor’s visit. Medical assistants work alongside doctors, nurses and other clinical personnel, performing functions that help the clinic run smoothly. Successful candidate will float front and back.
What You Will Do:
- Prepares patients for examination and assisting physician during treatment, examinations, and testing of patients.
- Assists with obtaining vital signs, documents chief complaint and all actions taken.
- Assists with obtaining patient history, assists physicians, residents and/or licensed nursing personnel.
- Performs basic patient procedures, sets up exam/procedure rooms including instruments for minor procedures, preparations may include administering medications (excluding IV) under direct supervision of a physician.
- Obtains lab specimen and fills out requisitions completely and accurately.
- Review patient medications.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
- Document in Electronic Medical Record patient-related communication and interventions.
- Patient phone calls for appointment reminders.
- Prepares, restocks, and disinfects examination rooms, procedure rooms, lab area, and all other patient care areas.
- Sterilize medical equipment as assigned by division.
- Assist with additional duties as assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Previous MA clinic experience - 2 years minimum
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Must be willing to be cross trained in behavioral health.
- Must be able to do immunizations and vaccinations.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Friday, May 28, 2021