Medical Receptionist (Float)
The Medical Receptionist’s responsibility is as the first point of contact for patients coming into the clinic. They are responsible for greeting, registering and scheduling patient’s appointments and also act as a primary source of information to patients in the waiting area.
Must be Bilingual - Spanish/English
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Checks patients in and out of the office.
- Retrieves messages and returns phone calls.
- Scans insurance cards, supplying new patient information forms to be completed, enters new patient information into system.
- Updates patient information, ensuring all records are current when following up/interacting with patients.
- Schedule appointments, may obtain prior authorization for office visits.
- Obtains financial information regarding patients from various sources to obtain payment plan agreements, charity care, Medicare coverage, alternative financing and verifies coverage.
- Give patients their patient information forms after their visits and collects co-pays or payments.
- Work with doctors, pharmacies and families.
- Problem resolution for the clinic staff and patients.
- Interfaces with the computer.
- Oversees the waiting area.
- Expected to assist in other clinics as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA compliance in accordance with Federal guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Basic computer skills necessary-Outlook and Windows based programs.
- Must have or be able to obtain an AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card
Job Status: Full Time