About the Company:
DMG is well known as one of the leading and most respected healthcare organizations in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and community we serve. We employ over 650credentialed providers and over 350 professional and administrative staff, as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
Why Work for District Medical Group?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive salary, ongoing mentoring, training and support, and great benefits including:
- Strong Medical, Dental, Vision benefits package - eligible on DAY ONE
- 401K plan with employer match
- FSA plan
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays
- And more!
About the Role
The Medical Receptionist’s responsibility is as the first point of contact for patients coming into the clinic. They are responsible for greeting, registering and scheduling patient’s appointments and also act as a primary source of information to patients in the waiting area.
What You Will Do:
- Checks patients in and out of the office.
- Answers phones, retrieves messages and returns phone calls.
- Verify patient insurance information at each encounter.
- Scans insurance cards, supplies new patient information forms to be completed, enters new patient information into system.
- Scans any documents related to patient into the patient chart in appropriate location
- Updates patient information, ensuring all records are current when following up/interacting with patients.
- Schedule appointments, may obtain prior authorization for office visits.
- Obtains financial information regarding patients from various sources to obtain payment plan agreements, charity care, Medicare coverage, alternative financing and verifies coverage.
- Give patients their patient information forms after their visits and collects co-pays or payments.
- Work with doctors, pharmacies and families.
- Problem resolution for the clinic staff and patients.
- Oversees the waiting area, maintains cleanliness and follows clinic infection control policies.
- Expected to assist in other clinics as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA compliance in accordance with Federal guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedure
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
- Ability to multi-task with phones, computers and patients.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of basic computer software programs: MS Office, Practice Management and EMR systems.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
Education or Equivalency
- High School Diploma or equivalent Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Previous experience in medical office setting preferred.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Tuesday, December 14, 2021