About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Medical Receptionist’s responsibility is as the first point of contact for patients coming into the clinic. They are responsible for greeting, registering, and scheduling patient’s appointments and also act as a primary source of information to patients in the waiting area.
This is a full-time position. Days/ hours of schedule are Monday through Friday, approximately 8:00am to 5:00pm.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- Checks patients in and out of the office.
- Answers phones, retrieves messages and returns phone calls.
- Verify patient insurance information at each encounter.
- Scans insurance cards, supplies new patient information forms to be completed, enters new patient information into system.
- Scans any documents related to patient into the patient chart in appropriate location
- Updates patient information, ensuring all records are current when following up/interacting with patients.
- Schedule appointments, obtain prior authorization for office visits.
- Obtains financial information regarding patients from various sources to obtain payment plan agreements, charity care, Medicare coverage, alternative financing and verifies coverage.
- Give patients their patient information forms after their visits and collects co-pays or payments.
- Work with doctors, pharmacies, and families.
- Problem resolution for the clinic staff and patients.
- Oversees the waiting area, maintains cleanliness, and follows clinic infection control policies.
- Assist in other clinics as needed.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Previous administrative experience in a medical office setting preferred
- Ability to multi-task with phones, computers and patients.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of basic computer software programs: MS Office, Practice Management and EMR systems.
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.00
- Max Hiring Rate $17.50
- Required Education High School
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 410