Medical Records Clerk
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Medical Records Clerk is responsible for ensuring medical records are complete within the Electronic Medical Records system; this includes retrieving existing medical records, scanning and inputting documents, and verifying information is indexed appropriately. In addition this position is responsible for the release of patient information to persons and/or agencies according to state and federal regulations.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- Create new patient medical records and retrieve existing medical records by gathering appropriate documentation.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Ensure that all paper records and loose paper filing is captured and scanned into electronic medical records to support the flow of information in an organized manner.
- Process all ROIs - release all or part of medical records in an imaged format to patients, designated persons or other requestors.
- Process and prepare business and government forms.
- Answer patient questions regarding their medical records.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- 2+ years of medical office/medical records experience.
- Familiarity with applicable alphabetic and numeric filing systems.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of HIPAA guidelines and compliance.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs: MS Office and EMR experience.
- Scanning, phone calls, dictation support with MMODAL, ROI.
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $13.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.50
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Tuesday, May 3, 2022