District Medical Group, DMG, was founded in 1994 for the purpose of providing the most comprehensive medical care in Maricopa County. DMG, one of the largest multi-specialty physician groups in Arizona has an immediate opportunity for an Occupational Therapist.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the treatment of injured, ill, or disabled patients through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. The Occupational Therapist helps patients develop, recover, and improve the skills needed for daily living.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Provides patient care including evaluation of patient, developing a care plan, establishing goals, and assessing progress towards attaining those goals.
- Documents information sufficient to establish the plan of care.
- Justifies the need for skilled Occupational Therapy.
- Sets measureable and objective goals with patient, caregiver, and family input.
- Reviews and implements the multi-disciplinary Plan of Care for each patient, making adjustments as needed.
- Consults with other health care disciplines to coordinate treatment and discharge planning.
- Recommends special equipment and instruct patients on its use.
- Utilizes age appropriate materials during treatment.
- Demonstrates ability to apply behavior management strategies.
- Maintains appropriate clinical and administrative records within the Electronic Medical Records system regarding patient’s care.
- Assess and records patients’ activities and progress for evaluation, billing, and reporting to physicians and other health care providers.
- Demonstrates exercises to patient and caregivers.
- Identifies opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Serves as a resource by sharing expertise and knowledge.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of Accredited Occupational Therapy program.
- AZ Occupational Therapy License.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy principles, standards and applications.
- Knowledge of physical, biological, and behavioral sciences as well as application of occupational therapy equipment, devices, and patient-specific therapeutic devices.
- Able to analyze patient data and behavior and modify treatment plan as appropriate.
Job Status: Full Time