About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
An Occupational Therapist-Augmentative Communication Specialist is responsible for the treatment of injured, ill, or disabled patients through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. The Occupational Therapist helps patients develop, recover, and improve the skills needed for daily living. This role is responsible to the County Superintendent and works under the direct supervision of the designated manager(s). This role also provides direct and consultative services in the areas of occupational therapy and assistive technology/augmentative communication.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- Provides patient care including evaluation of patient, developing a care plan, establishing goals, and assessing progress towards attaining those goals.
- Documents information sufficient to establish the plan of care.
- Justifies the need for skilled Occupational Therapy.
- Sets measurable and objective goals with patient, caregiver, and family input.
- Reviews and implements the multi-disciplinary Plan of Care for each patient, adjusting as needed.
- Consults with other health care disciplines to coordinate treatment and discharge planning.
- Recommends special equipment and instruct patients on its use.
- Utilizes age-appropriate materials during treatment.
- Demonstrates ability to apply behavior management strategies.
- Maintains appropriate clinical and administrative records within the Electronic Medical Records system regarding patient’s care.
- Assess and records patients’ activities and progress for evaluation, billing, and reporting to physicians and other health care providers.
- Demonstrates exercises to patient and caregivers.
- Identifies opportunities for growth and professional development.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $93,000.00
- Required Education Certification
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 399