PA - Nights & Weekends
The Department of Surgery of District Medical Group Inc. (DMG), a multi-specialty medical group exclusively contracted to provide patient care and teaching for the Valleywise Health Care System, is actively seeking full-time Physician Assistants to support our surgical subspecialties services, specifically assisting our hand, plastic & reconstructive, and urology service lines. The positions, which includes employment through DMG, will assist the attending surgeons on the services to deliver quality patient care services at the Valleywise Health Medical Center campus, a public hospital and state and American College of Surgeons designated Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center.
The positions are to be part of a team rotation that specifically covers nights and weekends for these surgical subspecialties, schedule offers flexibility; more details provided during interview.
Physician Assistant Essential Responsibilities As Delegated by the Supervising Physician:
- Provide consultation and history and physical examinations of patients in both the inpatient and emergency department settings
- Enter patient orders as directed
- Review and discuss results of medical imaging and laboratory studies with attending physician, hospital staff, resident(s), and/or patients as appropriate
- Make hospital rounds and write notes daily on patients
- Prepare discharge summaries
- Assist attending surgeon(s) in the operating room
- Perform emergency department and/or bedside procedures as directed or delegated by supervising physician
The Division of Surgery with DMG provides a diverse work experience in Level 1 Trauma, emergency, and inpatient surgical services at Valleywise Health Medical Center.
DMG offers an outstanding work environment, competitive compensation plan/benefits package and company paid medical malpractice insurance.
DMG is a not-for-profit multispecialty practice group, consisting of more than 650 providers who represent all the major medical and surgical specialties and subspecialties.
For consideration, please forward CV by E-mail: email@example.com
Job Status: Full Time