About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
About The Role:
Under the direction of the DMG Pathology Chair and under supervision of a licensed, Board Certified or Board Eligible Anatomic Pathologist, support and advance efficient and effective operation of the surgical pathology suite and the anatomic pathology service, laboratory operations such as quality assurance, quality control, accreditation inspection preparation, and support of learners in the Department’s academic rotations and conferences.
This is a part-time position.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
Provide accurate and timely processing of a variety of laboratory specimens across the scope of work responsibilities in which a Pathologists’ Assistant is trained and deemed proficient.
Surgical Pathology, including:
- Preanalytical tasks
- Macroscopic description and dissection
- Tissue Sampling
- Performance of various surgical pathology special procedures
- Imaging, including specimen photomacrography and photomicrography.
- Postanalytical tasks such as review of transcription, microscopic triage of surgical pathology cases for quality control and quality assurance, coding, proper storage and disposal of specimens, assistance with organization and coordination of surgical pathology conferences, proper maintenance of equipment and supplies.
Autopsy Pathology, including:
- Prosection of adult neonatal/perinatal, pediatric, or infectious autopsies
- Preanalytical tasks
- Autopsy performance.
- Tissue Sampling
- Performance of various postmortem examinations.
- Imaging including photomacrography and photomicrography.
Laboratory Operations, including:
- Support of regulatory and accreditation preparedness activities;
- Quality improvement activities such as participation in maintaining quality assurance monitors and process improvement;
- Safety - Apply knowledge of and comply with laboratory safety governmental regulations, monitor compliance, participate in safety training, and maintain standards of cleanliness of laboratory facilities, equipment and instruments with daily disinfection.
Education Programs Support, including:
- Educate and train institutional learners, new employees and technical staff;
- Support education of hospital staff as directed by Pathology Department Chair;
- Actively participate in academic conferences, educational outreach to community and relevant professional and paraprofessional organizations.
Laboratory Information Systems, responsibilities may include:
- Data gathering and analysis of methods and procedures;
- Participate in the development of recommendations and user proposals;
- Implementation support involving systems testing and user training.
Research - Responsibilities may include:
- Support development of Institutional Review Board (IRB) proposals;
- Coordinate tissue banking activities.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in a basic health-science preparatory program with aPathologists’ Assistant specialization. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology, or equivalent.
- 1-2 years preferred
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 438