The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of timesheets, calculating payroll, tax deposits, 401(k) administration, quarterly and year-end tax & wage reporting, and other payroll related tasks, while providing excellent customer service.
What You Will Do:
- Process semi-monthly payroll based on inputted time sheet data, making manual adjusting entries as needed. Ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately.
- Process manual checks as needed.
- Update employee profiles for non-standard pays.
- Process and manage employee wage garnishments when received.
- Manage year end W2 and 1099 processing.
- Generate and distribute appropriate reports for each semi-monthly payroll.
- Prepare month end payroll journal entry.
- Receive and properly code COBRA check.
- Serve as the staff liaison to and a member of the Pension Committee, preparing the agendas for upcoming meetings and the minutes of previous meetings; serve as primary point of contact for pension plan trustee.
- Compile data for annual retirement plan testing by third party administrator and plan audit and be sure audit is completed for timely filing of required 5500 forms.
- Calculate and process retirement plan liability and funding requirements for each semi-monthly payroll.
- Responsible for dealing with day-to-day employee issues and concerns regarding payroll and the retirement plan.
- B.S. in Accounting, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with full cycle payroll and 401K administration
- 1+ years’ in healthcare or managed care preferred
- Experience in full cycle payroll processing for organizations with 500+ employees.
- Experience with full HCM systems. Ceridian Dayforce highly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of payroll and retirement plan laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Sage 100 or similar computerized accounting systems
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Strong benefits package - eligible on DAY ONE
- 401K plan with employer match
- FSA plan
- 10 paid holidays
- Great team environment
- Pay Type Salary