Physical Therapist - AAC Specialist - PRN Nights or Weekends
DMG CRS offers families a state-of-the-art facility with a friendly, professional environment. It is the largest Multi-Specialty Interdisciplinary Clinic (MSIC) in Arizona and is designed to meet the unique healthcare requirements of special needs children and their families. Centrally located in an easy-to-access, one-story facility, DMG CRS is home to more than 85 medical providers across 30 medical specialties, including primary care, as well as behavioral health, dental, rehabilitation, educational and support services to care for patients from birth to age 21. Providing coordinated, integrated care, DMG CRS primary care and therapy providers work directly with specialty physicians to deliver comprehensive treatment, utilizing one electronic medical record (EMR). In addition, service teams such as nutrition and diet, child life and social work collaborate with our renowned team of pediatric medical professionals to provide vital support to our patients.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for the treatment of injured, ill, or disabled patients through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. The Occupational Therapist helps patients develop, recover, and improve the skills needed for daily living. The successful candidate will support the Augmentative Communication Specialist.
- Provides patient care including evaluation of patient, developing a care plan, establishing goals, and assessing progress towards attaining those goals.
- Documents information sufficient to establish the plan of care.
- Justifies the need for skilled Physical Therapy.
- Sets measurable and objective goals with patient, caregiver, and family input.
- Reviews and implements the multi-disciplinary Plan of Care for each patient, making adjustments as needed.
- Consults with other health care disciplines to coordinate treatment and discharge planning.
- Recommends special equipment and instruct patients on its use.
- Utilizes age appropriate materials during treatment.
- Demonstrates ability to apply behavior management strategies.
- Maintains appropriate clinical and administrative records within the Electronic Medical Records system regarding patient’s care.
- Assess and records patients’ activities and progress for evaluation, billing, and reporting to physicians and other health care providers.
- Demonstrates exercises to patient and caregivers.
- Identifies opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Serves as a resource by sharing expertise and knowledge.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy principles, standards and applications.
- Knowledge of physical, biological, and behavioral sciences as well as application of occupational therapy equipment, devices, and patient-specific therapeutic devices.
- Able to analyze patient data and behavior and modify treatment plan as appropriate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software programs: MS Office and EMR.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of Accredited Physical Therapy program
- AZ Physical Therapy License
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- 2 years’ experience as an Physical Therapist
- Previous experience with Augmentative Communication devices
- This is a PRN position, Monday through Friday
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required and/or hours may be shortened as job duties demand.
Environmental Working Conditions
- Normal clinical environment.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually low to moderate.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great team environment
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Thursday, December 24, 2020