The Registered Nurse is a key member of the Clinic. This position is responsible for managing providers’ patient care plan, providing professional nursing care for patients and following established standards and practices. He/she demonstrates critical thinking skills, anticipates and plans to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with physicians on patient care plan. Ensure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following clinical standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, federal/state laws and other governing agency regulations
- Request and maintain timely documentation for patient care to include physician orders, referrals, letters of medical necessity, prior authorization, etc.
- Provide nurse education for patients in all aspects of care including administering medications and treatment instructions.
- Review patients’ chart, verify documents, patient health history, chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors are complete and entered accurately into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Assist physicians with any in-office procedures.
- Monitoring and documenting treatment progress and patient response in the Electronic Medical Record
- Review patient medication and verify information is current and updated as needed.
- Telephone triage
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Evaluates and updates nursing care plan/treatment plan, establishing new goals according to patient progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance according to Federal guidelines.
Required Education and Experience:
- Licensed AZ Registered Nurse
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BSN degree preferred.
- Experience working with special needs children.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid CPR-BLS
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Skilled in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing, and medical care coordination.
- Knowledge of necessary clerical duties to maintain and organize records, reports or other information.
- Effective communicator both verbally and in writing-able to convey information clearly and concisely according to the needs of the audience.
- Skilled in initiating appropriate crisis interventions and emergency response.
- Skilled in patient triage in person and on the phone.
- Ability to analyze options and then counsel patients and families about choices and make referrals to other providers and resources.
- Ability to engage clients and families in the development and implementation of a care plan.
- Ability to read and interpret physicians’ orders and notes from other providers.
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and assist with reports and collection and analysis of data.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs: MS Office and EMR experience.
- Prolonged standing, sitting, walking, reading, writing, talking and use of computer.
- Normal clinical office environment
Job Status: Full Time