Specialty Care Coordinator *$1,000 Bonus*
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Specialty Care Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of functions related to procedures and programs within the department.
This is a full-time position. Days/ hours of schedule are Monday through Friday, approximately 8:00 to 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
What You Will Do:
- Answers incoming phone calls, provide information, and schedule appointments for the clinic.
- Processes intake forms, enters all client information into EMR/EHR, verifies benefits and facilitates referrals.
- Collects and updates information as needed between initial intake and date of first services.
- Monitors process flow between outpatient department/areas.
- Runs reports, and regularly review dates with manager or team lead; develops tools to track changes within department.
- Audits records and follows-up with individuals seeking services, their family members, providers and/or case managers in the event documentation is not received in a timely manner.
- Provide resources and referral information to potential clients, current clients, families, case managers and staff.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of current services and keeps abreast of upcoming or recent changes to services.
- Assists manager in program advancement, process development, budgeting, and volume forecasting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
- What You Will Bring to the Role:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training, education and experience preferred.
- Bilingual-Spanish/English a plus.
- 1+ year experience in a medical office setting.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to respond calmly and effectively in high pressure situations.
- Extensive knowledge of medical office processes and procedures.
- Basic working knowledge of the Integrated Care Model process.
- Proficient with computer programs: MS Office, Excel and EMR.DMG’s
Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.75
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, May 2, 2022