Speech Language Pathologist Assistant
District Medical Group, Inc. (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the Phoenix healthcare industry, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, growth opportunity, and attractive benefits that include:
- A strong benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision, and several voluntary benefits, Effective DAY ONE
- Flexible Spending Account option
- Company-paid STD and LTD
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off, increasing after 3 years.
- Paid Sick Time
- 10 paid holidays, annually
- and more
About the Role:
The Speech & Language Pathologist Assistant (SLPA) -Augmentative Communication Specialist works under the direct supervision of the designated Speech & Language Pathologist (SLP). The SLPA is responsible for conducting Augmentative Communication training services and coordination of services under the direct supervision of the SLP.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
Primary Responsibilities of the Role:
- Coordinates new and existing Aug Comm referrals in adherence with AHCCCS and Health Plan guidance.
- Completes and sends appropriate forms to parent or case manager, prepares report and provides copies to case manager, drafts goals, updates present levels and progress.
- Provides content areas support for special education service providers in the area of augmentative communication strategies and training needs.
- Prepares written reports as required under the direct supervision of the SLP.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with parents, guardians and significant others.
- Meets with parents on a routine basis to review student progress and works on individual Aug Comm training needs.
- Works closely with other members of the program staff to assist in the development and maintenance of the Aug Comm program.
- Coordinates transition plans for student moving to other environments.
- Works cooperatively with personnel from the student’s district of residence and/or outside agencies providing services to the student and family.
- Provides training, direction and supervision for assigned ancillary staff specific to Speech Generating Devices (SGD)/Augmentative Communicate needs.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- AZ SLPA license required
- 2 years’ experience as Speech Language Pathologist Assistant required
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience treating and evaluating pediatric patients in the areas of:
Cleft palate and resonance disorders, oral motor and oral sensory feeding disorders, swallowing disorders, language delays, hearing impairments with cochlear implants or hearing aids.
- AZ DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must be supportive, patient, and compassionate and have good listening skills.
Employee Health Compliance:
As a condition of employment, DMG requires its employees to comply with Employee Health standards. All employees must provide proof of Tuberculosis clearance as well as Influenza and Covid Immunizations (or approved declinations). Specific roles, depending on location/job responsibilities will require proof of immunization or antibodies for Hepatitis B, MMR, TDAP, and Varicella.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree