Speech Language Pathologist
About the Company:
District Medical Group (DMG) is well known as a respected leader in the healthcare industry in the Phoenix area, with a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication to the patients and communities we serve. DMG employs over 650 credentialed providers and more than 350 professional/administrative staff as one of the largest physician groups in the Valley.
What Does DMG Offer?
DMG continuously strives for and succeeds in providing a strong and positive work environment through employee appreciation, team collaboration, competitive compensation, mentoring, and great benefits including:
- A strong Healthcare benefits package inclusive of Medical, Dental and Vision- Employee eligibility effective DAY ONE
- A rich 401(k) with employer match, increasing annually up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Account plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (3 weeks year one)
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid Sick Time
- and more
About The Role:
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for the evaluation and treatment of medically based speech, language and feeding delays and disorders.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
What Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be:
- Provides medically based speech, feeding, and/or language therapy for eligible patients.
- Evaluates patient’s speech, language, feeding abilities through interviews, direct observation and standard assessments
- Develops plan of care, establishes goals and assesses progress towards attainment of goals.
- Implements clinically, culturally and linguistically appropriate intervention approaches.
- Modifies plan based on changing medical condition.
- Makes referrals to appropriate services.
- Documents records; therapy notes, evaluation reports, progress notes, charts, etc. in EMR
- Coordinates therapeutic program care with providers, nursing, clinic staff, social workers, and administrative staff.
- Creates therapy materials and homework activities.
- Manages/oversees the therapy schedule and instructs patients and caregivers in home programs for exercises and functional abilities.
- Participates in team meetings.
- Maintains appropriate clinical and administrative records within the Electronic Medical Records system regarding patient’s care.
- Reviews current literature for use on evidenced based practice for assessment and treatment.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology or equivalent
- AZ State Speech Pathology License
- Certificate of Clinical Competency through American Speech-Language Hearing Assoc. or Clinical Fellow
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- 2 years’ experience as Speech Language Pathologist preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience treating and evaluating pediatric patients in the areas of Cleft palate and resonance disorders, oral motor and oral sensory feeding disorders, swallowing disorders, language delays, hearing impairments with cochlear implants or hearing aids.
- Ability to problem-solve and analyze test results objectively.
- Must be supportive, patient, and compassionate and have good listening skills.
DMG’s Employee Health Requirements:
As a condition of employment, District Medical Group (DMG) requires each employee to remain compliant with mandatory employee health (EH) standards. TB screening, Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella, Influenza, and Covid Immunizations or approved declinations are required for this role.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Required Education Certification
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 401