TRAUMA SURGERY - Physician Asst
An immediate position is available for an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) with both FNP and Acute Care certification, in the Department of Surgery, Trauma Division, of District Medical Group. The position, which includes full-time employment through DMG (a 400+ multi-specialty group exclusively contracted) to provide patient care and teaching for the Valleywise Health Care System. The position will assist the Trauma team, including residents and attendings, in delivering high quality care to patients being evaluated by or admitted to the Trauma and Surgical Critical Care services at Valleywise Health Medical Center (VWMC). VWMC is a public hospital that is both American College of Surgeons verified and State designated as an Adult (Level I) and Pediatric (Level II) Trauma Center and includes a 13 bed Surgical ICU. NP applicants must have completed Acute Care training.
Essential responsibilities for the position as delegated by the supervising physician include:
- Evaluate patients, including performing history and physical examinations, in both the inpatient and outpatient (clinic) setting
- Enter patient orders as directed by attending surgeon
- Review and discuss results of medical imaging and laboratory studies with attending physician, resident staff, hospital staff, and/or patients as appropriate
- Writes daily notes on patients and actively participate in team rounds
- Assist in the teaching of residents, as appropriate
DMG offers a great work environment, competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, CME allowance with paid time-off, and employer paid medical malpractice insurance.
Job Status: Full Time