UROLOGY - Allied Professional
An immediate position is available for an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant (PA) in the Department of Surgery, Urology Division, of District Medical Group. The position, which includes full-time employment through DMG (a 400+ multi-specialty group exclusively contracted) to provide patient care and teaching for the Valleywise Health Care System. The position will assist the Urology team in delivering high quality care to patients being evaluated by or admitted to the Urology services at Valleywise Health Medical Center (VWMC). VWMC is a public hospital that is both American College of Surgeons verified, and State designated as an Adult (Level I) and Pediatric (Level II) Trauma Center and includes a 13 bed Surgical ICU.
Essential responsibilities for the position as delegated by the supervising physician include:
- Evaluate patients, including performing history and physical examinations, in both the inpatient and outpatient (clinic) setting
- Enter patient orders as directed by attending surgeon
- Participate in hospital rounds, and prepare documentation of daily progress notes as assigned
- Review and discuss results of medical imaging and laboratory studies with attending physician, resident staff, hospital staff, and/or patients as appropriate
- Writes daily notes on patients and actively participate in team rounds
- Assist in the teaching of residents, as appropriate
- Assist with coordinating operative schedule for both elective and emergent/urgent procedures for Urology
- Serve as a liaison with other services, answer pages and phone calls and take appropriate action with patients, under the supervision of attending staff
DMG offers a great work environment, competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, CME allowance with paid time-off, and employer paid medical malpractice insurance.
For consideration, please forward CV by email to: email@example.com
Job Status: Full Time